Sunday, March 23, 2008

Texas Hold 'Em

So, we went to a bbq at Preston and Amber's house yesterday night. It was tons of fun! After dinner, we broke out the poker tokens and played Texas Hold Em forever. Hey guys--remember the really big bet I made when I was throwing in all my blacks and reds because I knew I had a really good hand? I got a full house (three 3s and two 8s) and Morgan got a flush? Well, when Mindy said Morgan won that hand I figured it was a good time for me to call it quits and go home for the night (it was midnight). Truth is, I WON!!! I can't believe I split the pot with her! She was almost out of chips until she inherited my huge pile from that hand(that pile obviously should have stuck with me in the first place). Anyway, Steven and I found a really good website that gives all explanations and ranking of card hands. Mindy, I'll make a copy for you so nobody else has to split a pot that should have actually been theirs all along! Just kidding--it was tons of fun and we'll definitely be there again! Thanks for teaching me how to play-Morgan and I must have had a brush of beginners luck to be the last two in the game anyway!

3 comments:

Amber said...

yeah it was alot of fun! Thanks for coming! talk to you later! Happy Easter

Laurel said...

Nights like that are always a blast.

Mindy & Steve said...

I AM SORRY! SORRY SORRY SORRY! you should have said something in the beginning not after! Good job though. It was a lot of fun. I'm glad morgan came!