Friday, March 7, 2008

My baby is six today






So, I think my side of the family is almost done with birthdays for a while. Today is a very sad day for me because my Addi turns six. I have had my dog for six years! At about six-months-old the vet told us Addi had hip displasia (just like my momma). I have always been a faithful walker with her to keep her fit and in peak condition. On August 22, 2007, Addi had to have double knee surgery to fix her knees that overcompensated for her hips her whole life. She has recovered beautifully and I must say it was the best decision I could have ever made. Addi has had food allergies since she was a baby as well. Micah says her special prescription food costs more than caviar. After her knee surgery, Addi has had to have a couple more surgeries. Addi comes with much love attached to her. Despite what it sounds like, she is a happy little dog and she is doing better than ever! Addi is part of not only Steven's and my little family, but also my side of the family as well as Steven's side of the family. She is a sweet, sweet girl whom everybody loves. Happy birthday little girl! Oh, and Mindy--thanks for the fun birthday party with Allie and Acer!

5 comments:

Shelley Eggett said...

Poor Little Doggie, she has been through a lot in her short little life. Probably a lot more than most humans go through in their long loves. Is their such a thing as Dog Insurance? It seems like all of those surgeries could really add up.

Happy Birthday!!!

Veronica said...

Whitney....let's hope your some day to come children do not have the health problems of your dear Addie....you are amazing! I know how we get attached to our pets...excuse me...in your case...your firstborn....when our cat was killed this winter I cried for a whole day and then wiped the tears away when Oreo's name was mentioned for a month afterwards...they mean a lot. Love you!

Laurel said...

You are so sweet to that dog and you are both lucky to have each other. She is so cute and hopefully there are at least six more years to come.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
John and Brittney said...

Whitney (and Steve), Happy Birthday to Addie. Britt told me that you had commented on our blog. If you and Steve make your way up to Portland stop bye and say hello. Dinner would be great and we could even put you up in our spare. Our door is open. Take care, Johnny and Brittney Wolthuis