Thursday, June 26, 2008

Two long weeks after the last post and we're still alive. Bear Lake was fun--thank you Lenny and Bonnie! We had a family of owls sharing the same camp site as us--it was really neat to watch them. Here's a funny story. Addi got sick the second night we were there. I am terrified of the dark, so I kept making Steven get up with me when she had to go out to throw up. Steven didn't have any problem falling back to sleep, but I just sat up all night holding Addi, who was shaking so hard because she was so sick. Between trips outside during the night, I heard a loud bang on the top of the camper. Then I heard loud squawking and shrieking. I felt like we were under attack. Turns out the owls had decided to fight that night and it so happens they felt like fighting on top of our camper. Their huge claws were so loud walking up and down the camper that I thought one of them would certainly fall through the roof. Addi was sick again and wanted to go out but I was not going out in the wilderness again with those wild beasts fighting right above my head. I assumed I was the only one who heard the fight because nobody else moved during the fight (which lasted at least 15 minutes). The next morning I was glad to find out that Bonnie also heard the whole thing and was just as scared as I was; the men slept through the entire debacle. Needless to say, the owls I once thought were so cute turned out to be pretty creepy.

The "Hoot's":






Addi's sick (too much "people food"):



Just having fun:








Between mini-vacations, work, school (for Steven), visitors and holding down Susan and Richard's "fort" during their extended visit to New York, it has been a busy summer already! The Fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays--HAPPY 4th OF JULY!!


Don't forget to catch So You Think You Can Dance. When I am reincarnated, I will take my dancing much further than I did in this life--I will be on this show in my next life!

8 comments:

Shelley Eggett said...

OH poor little Addie, that's so sad, what a good little Mommy you are.
That's creepy about the owls. Why do they fight? That seems odd.
I'm glad you guys had fun.

Veronica said...

Poor Addie....Poor Whitney.....it still sounds like a fun trip. I can't believe how accessible those owls are. Usually they fly away and you won't see one during the day. You really did have an "owl fest." Hope your dad is doing well. What a scare! Love you! Let's get together in July for sure!!!

Emily said...

Thanks for the update. I hope you have a good 4th.

Laurel said...

sad about addie and scary about the owls. glad it was fun. camping is always an adventure. glad your parents are okay and have you to rely on.

Amber said...

I think it's your birthday today, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Yergensen Family said...

I love your doggie! Thanks for hangin out with me at the Softball games! It was great to talk with you again.

Mrs. Dirty Hair said...

Hey Whit...I am not sure how else to get in touch and answer on posts..so help me out. I am new to this blogging you know. Anyway I have three tats and counting..I am getting addicting and planning the next one.
But about this post...amazing pictures of the annoying owls! They are so amazingly beautiful! Your Addi is so cute too...she is okay now right? Talk to you soon

Mimi said...

Whit... crazy Owls!

Sorry about the Addie... stop feeding her people food yo! Just kidding, I don't know ANYTHING about dogs.

Ok, SYTYCD is my favorite show EVER!! Who is your favorite??? I have been missing it because I have been living in a hospital- but I'm addicted. I totally went to the tour last year- I am a big nerd! I am glad you like it because I know you aren't a fan of Idol. We'll have to scrutinize together...yay!