Thursday, April 10, 2008

Officially FREAKED OUT!


So, last night we redboxed it (wonderful concept). "I Am Legend" is the most disturbing movie I have watched in a long time. I am afraid of the end of the world and I am afraid of natural disasters hurting my loved ones. After watching this movie I was very disturbed. Here is my conclusion:
FIRST: I think mankind could ultimately destroy itself because we have become so advanced and educated that it would be hard not to destroy ourselves with some sort of outbreak or virus.
SECOND: I sat and watched thinking, "oh my gosh, I am so not prepared for a major disaster (much less the end of the world)!" I have zero food storage because I have no gumption to do it or space to store it; and, let's face it, we're poor right now.
THIRD: The most disturbing part of the entire movie (and for those of you who have seen it will know exactly what I am talking about) is the dog attack. Could it be any more graphic to watch the faithful pal and best friend of one of the last men on earth get mauled by a pack of rabid dogs and get infected as well? I'll be blunt, I sobbed--for like 10 minutes (not kidding).

It's a scary thought that someday this could be us. I will never watch that movie again, much less buy it. I do know one thing though, I am definitely going to start preparing now for what might come some day.

8 comments:

Emily said...

I haven't seen this movie yet? Maybe I wont watch it now! Hope you get over your trauma of watching this movie!

Anonymous said...

I WILL definitely not be watching this movie! I don't like movies like that, they give me a stomach ache. Richie on the other hand, has been wanting to see it! Yikes! I need to work on food storage too - we have 72 hr kits, and it does give me some piece of mind, but if the crisis lasts more than 72 hrs - we are outta luck!

Anonymous said...

"piece of mind" Nice. What I mean to say is peace of mind. oops :)

Mimi said...

I heard this was a scary show. I can't do scary because I stay up at night mulling over the movie I just watched. My husband liked it though.

tyalpabr said...

Holy Cow!! I am so glad you found our blog! You look so beautiful Whit!! I have thought about you and what you have been up to. It's great to see you guys.
ali (brown) hoelzer

Shelley Eggett said...

That movie totally freaked me out too!!! I don't know what I was thinking by watching it, I hate scary movies, but I like Will Smith, so I thought it might be good.

But hey look at the positive side, it motivated you to get going on your food storage right?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mrs. Dirty Hair said...

Hey whit...This movie totally scared me as well...and the super weird thing is the book that this is based on was written in the 40's. As for my husband he is 6 years younger than me, he is one of my cousin Derek Becker's best friends. I kind of had a crush my whole life but he was way too young! But he started chasing me when he was 17...I guess I am a cradle robber!