Wednesday, February 6, 2008

I have been tagged (thanks Amber!)

Well, as I have been reading some of your tags, I am becoming aware at how alike many of us are. My habits and random weirdnesses may seem a bit redundant, but here we go. . .

1. Air conditioning on my skin makes me nautious. Steven loves to blast the AC and it makes me feel like I am going to spew everywhere. I have learned to carry a jacket with me even in the middle of the summer. I also sit by a space heater at work year round.

2. I get claustrophobic in many different circumstances. At the dinner table I have to have my own little "bubble". Once again, if a tablecloth touches my legs I get nautious.

3 Steven and I treat out dog like a child. I know many of you do--but I'm not sure it is to our extent. Addi sleeps straight down the middle of the bed. She shares my pillow and MUST be under the covers for a good night sleep. She has a stuffed gorilla named Scooter who she takes to bed (by herself) and also gets out of bed (by herself) every morning. So Scooter also sleeps with us too. She has also had many surgeries tat have people wondering if they would actually go to the extent with their dogs that I do with mine. How could you not?

4. I must have my clothes folded a certain way. My hangers must be green and my clothes must also face the same direction in the closet going from sleeveless to short sleeved to mid-sleeved to long sleeved. Steven, bless his kind heart, has tried to throw me off a couple of times with a wrong color of hanger or a shirt facing the wrong direction--I catch it every time. I am very particular on how my closet looks except for all of my shoes--those are a freaking mess that I cannot solve until I get my own house with shoe cubbies!!

5. Steven and I have been married for three years now and I have cooked five times the whole marriage. No really--we've counted. Vegetables are my favorite food. Give me some carrots and celery and I could survive! Steven says I would rather starve than cook or go grocery shopping. Why spend money on food when you can go shopping for cute clothes instead?

6. Toilets scare me. I think I'm afraid of a snake crawling out to get me. I've heard stories like that. I do my business as quickly as possible and avoid public restrooms at all costs. If it's an emergency--squat (it's good for your quads anyway)!

7. I hate grape flavored anything. Here's a little history. . .
Steven hates cherry flavored anything and I love Cherry. I hate grape and that is Steven's favorite flavor. I think this is because when I was a kid I was given grape flavored cough medicine when I was sick. Funny thing is, Steven was given cherry flavored cough medicine as a kid. We both believe that is why we hate those flavors. Has this happened to anyone else?

8. I hate swimming. This stems back to number 1 on my list. Swimming pool water makes my stomach hurt because it's cold on my skin. I also think this has something to do with my first swimming lesson when I was three years old (sorry momma). My mom was instructed to chuck me off a diving board into the water. I made it sound terrible on purpose, but I can still remember this vividly. I do not enjoy swimming at all.

9. I cleared an ocean full of people swimming and surfing in Malibu. Steven was body surfing in the ocean in Malibu. I am deathly afraid of being killed by a shark so I was watching Steven from the beach and kept seeing a large fin circling in the ocean. I was not the only person who saw this; I pointed it out to Steven's mom a couple of times. When it got really close to Steven I panicked and ran out and said, "Steven, get out! There's a shark!" I probably looked rediculous because I was waving my arms and screaming "Shark". The whole ocean of swimmers cleared out in a matter of seconds. It's kind of funny now!

10. I have a dog that smiles. No really. Addi smiles at people she really likes. I will have to get a picture sometime. No one believes she does this until she smiles at them. (Kind of stupid, but I am out of ideas)

8 comments:

Amber said...

You are the cutest girl! I love your post, I love reading about other people's little things. Anyways- That shark story is funny...was it a shark, or a dolpin. I know when we were in Hawaii there were alot of Dolphins, I was curious if it was an acutal shark, because that is a huge fear of mine also. I saw a turtle once snorkling, and my butt was outta the water so fast! lol Im a freak when it comes to the ocean. Anyways- talk to you soon! See ya later!

Morgan and Jordan said...

that cracks me up you don't like to swim. I put the same thing on mine, except i just don't know how!! lol

Mindy & Steve said...

oopps! i was still loged in as morgan from fixing her page! the comment above was really me! Sorry morgan! lol

Erin said...

Whitney! I am SO excited to hear from you...I've wondered about you and how life was! It was so fun to read about your funny quirks and habits! You are so cute! I had no idea you were such a dog lover!!! Lucky Addi! I would love to catch up. I'll be checking in on your blog!

what is your email address?
Mine is bringhurst4@msn.com

Talk to you soon!
Erin

Mimi said...

What's UP lady??? I am so glad you have joined the ranks of the bloggers!! This blog totally made me laugh out loud. My fav was the table cloth part!! Cute cute dog.. my sis has a dog and she LOVES him too. My husband is a walking allergy bomb so no pets for us.

So good to hear from you!!!

Shelley Eggett said...

Whitney - I'm so glad I found your blog.

I'm dying to know if there really was a shark in the water. How cute that you love your dog so much. My kids don't even get to sleep with us :) What a lucky little dog.

It's fun to keep in touch through blogging. I'll check back often.

Shelley (McDonald) Eggett

Amber said...

Hey Whitney, No preston is not down for me getting a tatoo. Even if he was, Im not 100 % sold on the idea. I think are pretty, and stuff, but Im not sure for my own body that's something I want. Lol, anyways- It is a really long story but we are going back today to actually get their tatoos! lol. How freaking lame are we! lol. Just kidding. Anyways- Talk to you soon, we will have to get together next weekend to play!

Mindy & Steve said...

Hey Whitney! I wish you would have come down and got one with us! It was so much fun! I love the guy who did it. He was awesome. anyways, the whole long story is on my blog so go read it! LOL see ya tomorrow! Mindy