Monday, March 1, 2010

“For everything you have missed, you have gained something else, and for everything you gain, you lose something else.”

One year ago today my mom gave me a special gift. It was the day I found out a baby would join Steven and I through the journey of life. Today, one year later, I have discovered that my mom gave me much more than a gift. She gave me Jasper--perfection I could never have expected. My mom has missed a big chunk of my journey. I would like to think she is proud. I hope she hasn't missed a second of it!
I talk to you, but I don't know what to say. I am afraid you don't want me to say anything but inside of me there are words waiting to come out. I tell you how I feel-like how I miss you. And how I love you despite my broken heart. And how I need you in my life. And especially how much I want you to be here. Those words may forver float in the air. Sometimes I wonder if there are words you want to say too... but I'll never know.--Annonymous

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!

11 comments:

Mindy & Steve said...

Whit- I know your mom has been with you every step of the way on this journey of life! You are a great mother, following in her footsteps. I'm sure she held cute little Jasper before he made it here and had a very detailed plan for you and your family. Love and miss you girl! Stay strong, and if you ever need me to go see her for you know I will any time! Love ya!

Micah and Chelsea said...

I dont tell you much, but I really do appreciate everything you do for me. You are such a rock, when I need someone to stand by who knows what I am feeling! We love you and hope you have a good time tonight!

Emily said...

That was such a sweet post! I miss your Mom too! I love you!

Erin said...

With out a doubt she has been with you every step of the way! She is so proud of you Whit! And she has so many other blessings and ways to show her love for you. I think Jasper is just the beginning! Love you and Happy Birthday to your angel momma!

Brimaca said...

She is proud, for absolute sure!

Veronica said...

Whitney, it was so nice to talk to you today and laugh and share some tears. Your mom is very proud of you and I know without any doubt that she is closer than we can see with our natural eyes. There are so many tender mercies in connection with your mom. I know they are not coincindences whatsoever. Your idea for tonight was perfect. I hope you enjoyed Richie and his family celebrating your mom's birthday with you, Steve and Jasper. Sending much love to you!

Shelley Eggett said...

She is one proud Grandma and Mother! Watching over you all the time. Love you Whitney, sorry for your heartache, but so happy that you have such a beautiful little family to bring you such joy.

Laurel said...

I know your mom is proud and watching everything. I am so glad you have Jasper. You are such a great mom just like your mom. Your mom was a great person. She is loved and truly missed by many.

Todd and Megan said...

I know without a doubt that your Mom is a part of everything that happens to you! I miss your Mom but am so grateful for her example of sweet love!

Mimi said...

Big Hugs to you Whit!! I know your momma is so proud of the you, momma!!

The Heaps Family said...

Witnee, Jasper is adorable. So sweet. You look like you are having so much fun being a mom. I know you are a great one too. There is nothing like parenthood....challenging yet so rewarding. I miss you tons. can't wait to hear from you