Sunday, October 25, 2009

39 weeks

23 weeks pregnant

37 weeks pregnant

As my anxiety level has steadily increased on a daily basis, I have come to the realization that this pregnancy is almost over. I have loved everything about being pregnant and I can't believe that I will soon be holding my baby in my arms instead of my ever growing belly.

I was blessed to find out about this baby on my Mom's birthday. She sent me a wonderful gift on her special day. I moved to NY half way through my pregnancy and didn't know what doctor to see or where to even begin. Thanks to my wonderful sister-in-law, who has taken my hand and led the way through this pregnancy, it has been smooth sailing.

Pregnancy Thoughts:
I will miss feeling my little guy moving all the time although I am anxious to hold him and smell him.
I was never sick and never threw up but Jasper hated toothpaste and mint gum my first trimester.
Jasper loves fruit of any kind...now he is wanting more cakes and cookies.
Perfect strangers have predicted he is a boy because of the perfect basketball my belly resembles.
To date, I have gained 40 lbs. Everyone insists it's all baby...finding it hard to believe my baby weighs 40 lbs!
No stretch marks in sight!!!
My doctor estimates his current weight between 6 & 6.5 pounds--just a little guy.
Steven acts slightly annoyed when strangers tell me how darling, beautiful or great I look.
I have been able to keep his middle name secret because there has to be one thing I can keep to myself till he comes.
Jasper is NOT named after Twilight. If I hadn't been set on the name for FIVE years I would have changed my mind about it. Truth be told I have loved the name since the movie 28 Days.
I have been faithful about my asprin taking...not so faithful about my squeezy sock wearing.
Addi has tested everything we have bought for Jasper. She especially likes the crib, the pack and play, the activity mat and his stroller.
I haven't faltered on my walking and manage to still walk twice a day with Addi. Soon Addi and I will be walking with another member of the family!
I think he is with my mom right now. Even though I can feel him move and know he is alive in there, something about this experience tells me his spirit is chillin' with Grammy Sue. I think he is having a hard time saying goodbye to her...who can blame him?
I have talked to my mom and told her to send something of herself down with him...her toe thumb, smile, anything.
Jasper will have a new cousin in December. I am sure they are already best of friends.


The two preggos and two cousins.

November 1st can't come fast enough. Needless to say that within the next two weeks (tops) Steve and I will be Dad and Mom. I can't wait!!

11 comments:

Kirstin said...

You really are SUCH A CUTE PREGNANT LADY! I can't believe you have gained 40 lbs cause you look like you only have the perfect basketball belly, and nothing else! Also, I LOVE your red hair... it looks so good on you. Love the name Jasper, and am so excited for the post when you announce you have had him, with some pictures attached! You will be such an amazing mom!

Emily said...

Seriously you look awesome. Can't believe how small you look. You and Steve will be amazing parents. Jasper is so lucky. Can't wait to see pictures of him. I have 2 toe thumbs and hate them, but it would be fun for him to have something from such a remarkable person! Love you! You just have to promise to post soon after you have him because we are all waiting to hear!

Knight Bliss said...

You look amazing and as always so beautiful. I am so happy that you will get to experience birth. And don't worry, your mom will be there with you through it all. It is amazing how close you feel to the parent that has passed when a new life comes into yours. Good luck, it is truly the best experience EVER!

Brimaca said...

How exciting! We love the name Jasper. It was Cabe's grandpa's name and is on our list. :) You look great. I wish I looked that cute preggo!

Veronica said...

Darling Whitney, I love your pictures. Thanks for the two comparison pictures. You look amazing for being ready to deliver. 40 lbs of happiness.... I hope your mom sends something of herself too. Can't wait to hear every detail of little Jasper. Also, thank you for the eloquent email about Oct. 7th. I cried! I am glad that the day ended up a little okay. So anxious for baby Jasper to arrive. YOu and Steve will be wonderful parents with oodles of love to give. Let us know quickly! Love you so much!

The Kay Family said...

You look so amazing Whitney!! Good luck in these next couple of weeks. . . you are going to be a great Mom!

Erin said...

Okay so you should TOTALLY be a pregnant model....you look so amazingly cute! I love that little basketball belly! Good luck to you! You will do great! I can't wait to see this little man... be sure to keep us updated when he arrives.

Mrs. Dirty Hair said...

I have to agree with Erin...You look absolutely amazing!!! I can not believe that you are going to be a momma!! You are going to be the BEST! I am so excited for you!! Good luck in the next couple of weeks!

Laurel said...

I love the pregnancy pictures! You looks to beautiful! I am so glad you have Julie to guide you in Rochester. I can't wait to see Jasper (by the way I love the name!) I will come visit when you are feeling up to it!

Shelley Eggett said...

Whitney - I just saw your facebook pictures and Jasper is absolutley perfect and SO SO precious. Congratulations!

Mimi said...

Oh Whit- CONGRATS!! I am so so happy for you. He is just precious! Literally his face is perfect. I saw the facebook pics. I love the name! I am so excited to hear the whole story.

I am so happy for you and the days ahead of the yummy newborn bonding. So neat.

I would love to meet him some day.