Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Nothing Better

This last weekend we had a wonderful time with my fam. Richie, Jules and Ruby were here from the big NY and Micah and Chelsea graced us with their presence as well. It is SUCH a relief to have family around. I hope my family knows this! Although we always try to fit so much into a few short days, it was well worth the exhaustion.

The girls got pedicures while the boys went shooting at the gun range and took "Alfie" (my dad's Alfa Romeo) for a ride. Of course, we had to mix and match these activities so someone could be home during Ruby's nap time. We were all able to see my dad set apart as a PT missionary which was special for all of us. We went to Park City, went bowling and celebrated the February birthdays and Valentines day, too.

Ruby is so special to me. She brings a life to this house that my mom would have loved to see. Ruby and I played the piano (which sits quiet most of the time) and sang children's primary songs together. She loves Addi and is so kind and gentle with her. Addi loves all the snacks she gets when Ruby is around. I asked Ruby how old she was (2 years old) and she gets this little attitude with an answer of sixteen--perfectly enunciated. She loves makeup and body spray and I will always let her do whatever she wants. There is nothing better than a little niece!

Sad to say, it is hard when everyone leaves and we hardly get to spend the time we want to together. I love you all. You make us all happy when you are here. Come home again as soon as you can!


Richie, Rubes and Chels just chillin'


Pedicures for the girls.


Newlyweds still honeymooning


My official picture of my dad as a missionary--couldn't he at least smile?


Official family picture. Heads are cut off and the picture is a bit lopsided because we set the timer. I'm begging Chelsea for the one on her camera (please!)



Ruby with her best pal, Addi and her Pop Pop. Check out her Rainbow Bright legwarmers--LOVE them!

10 comments:

Emily said...

Sounds like such a fun time!!!! I am glad that you got to see Richie and Julie and cute little Ruby! Too fun :)

Micah and Chelsea said...

I'm going to see if I can get our pictures on sometime this weekend.

Shelley Eggett said...

What a fun time!!! It looks like you guys all enjoy each other's company very much, and I'm sure that Ruby loves you just as much as you love her.

Todd and Megan said...

I am so glad that you were all able to be together! I as well treasure those rare times!

Mrs. Dirty Hair said...

Too Cute! I love this post and the pic with all the heads cut off, that is totally my photographer skills.

Laurel said...

I agree with you that there is nothing better. i am glad you guys could all be together! and you are right that it goes way too quick!

Brimaca said...

So cute!!! Glad you enjoy your niece so much. I'm sure her mommy and daddy appreciate that too. I know what you mean about having family around. I miss mine. Lots.

Veronica said...

So happy you had a wonderful visit with all of you there together. Love the activities and special pictures you have. Had to laugh at the picture with your heads cut off. You will long laugh at that picture with happy memory. Dear Whit, I thought of your mom all day yesterday. I also thought of you too. I hope you are okay.....you mean so very much to me and I want you to know how special your mom was to me too. I MISS her so very much and I honestly think of her every day. She had a very powerful influence on my life for many years. I love her dearly. Take care and please stay in touch often. I love you Whitney!

Kirstin said...

OH... looks like so much fun! I am loving the family picture you got!!!! he he. Um, so a couple of questions... where did you get your yellow shoes... I love and want them.... and your pants? Please tell. And I am guessing your pedi feet are the salmon colored polish? Am I right? I am glad you got to get together with family... those are the best times! And Ruby is absolutely adorable. I am in love with her red hair.

The Heaps Family said...

That's really neat about your dad. I always enjoy having company too, it's nice to have family around. I loved your post about the dentist, I share your same feelings.