Sunday, July 12, 2009

Take a Tour With Me


Welcome to the Whitney home. Built in 1910 but newly renovated, this house will celebrate it's 100th birthday next year! I have always begged Steven to let us live in an old house just once. He said it would be too much work. Not this one! Ha ha. I always have a knack for getting my way.

--Front entrance. Love the wood floor.

--Steven's Office.

--The door into Steven's office and part of the front entry.

--Front room looking into the front entry.



--Our front room...love my red couches but won't ever get red couches again. They fade fast!

--Dining room seen from our kitchen.


--Our spacious kitchen. Before the renovation there were actually two small kitchens separated by a wall. I have learned that Jewish families often have two small kitchens--one for meat and one for everything else (something I would have never learned living in Utah). I only need one kitchen cause I don't even know how to cook!

--The sun room off the kitchen. Every house in New York has one. Too bad I don't have anything to fill it with!

--The back of the big yellow house. See a previous post for the front view; however, the lawn looks 20 times better now.

--The window in the finished attic. Once again, no funiture for the attic.

Stay tuned for 2nd level and attic pictures.

9 comments:

Todd and Megan said...

Love, Love, Love your house! It is darling! Hope you are doing well and getting settled in!

Laurel said...

love love LOVE your house! it is so cute! i am so happy for you guys!
I just looked at megan's first sentance and seriously wasn't trying to copy, great sisters think alike! : )

Veronica said...

I can't believe how AMAZING your house is. I absolutely love it and hope I can see it in person next year! Hopefully I can visit Laurel and we can drive to see you. Each room is beautiful. I can't believe the house is that old. It looks terrific and so well renovated. I am thrilled for you and Steven. Love it so much. Love you too!! I got your email and will plan on the 19th. I am excited. Let me know if you are going to register anywhere so I can put that on the invites.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your house too - but know what I love even more.... that fact that it is in Rochester! We are so happy to have you guys here with us!

Mrs. Dirty Hair said...

I am loving the house as well...pretty jealous! I have been yearning to hear from you and this post is exactly what I wanted to hear about. Hope you feelin' well!!

Brimaca said...

I am sooooooooooooooooooooo jealous of your house. It's my dream house. I want it! :)

So happy for you with baby boy. I love baby boys.

Erin said...

It look SO AMAZING! You guys have been busy! I love it and can't wait to see pics of the rest! Especially baby boys room! I hope your starting to feel settled.

Yergensen Family said...

Super Duper Cute! Miss seeing you! Hope all is going well.

The Heaps Family said...

Yay yay yay Whitney...I am so excited for you...for more than one thing...New house and new baby...who could ask for more. Boys are so much fun, so are girls. I had no clue and being the aweful friend I am, I haven't been on very many blogs lately and just decided to finally catch up. I'm glad I did. Congratulations, you will be a fantastic mom. Congrats on your new home too.

I am turning my blog private soon so if you still want access please email me your email address to valarieheaps@yahoo.com and I will send you an invite. You'll want to read why.