Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Crazy Life and Super BIG Announcement

I have spent the last 10 days in Rochester (I like to call it "Rochie"). Dad and I flew out on May 14 to meet Steven and his family as they had just arrived in Rochester from a 2,000 mile drive across America with one car, a 17 foot Uhaul and Addi and Sophie the dogs.




We closed on our house on May 15. What an exciting event!! I was worked up all day long anticipating the closing but it went like clockwork and we soon had keys to our new home--the big yellow house as I like to call it. It is a beautiful home with that is perfect to begin raising our new BABY. Did I say that out loud?




Yes, WE ARE HAVING A BABY!!! I found out on March 1 (my momma's birthday) which is a totally separate and special story I will save for later. I am 17 weeks along this week and due on November 1. I guess that is my announcement to the world. Many already know as I have a big mouth and couldn't keep it secret forever. It is bitter sweet to move away from family before I have a baby. I FINALLY GET TO BE A MOM!!!


This is Baby Whitney at 9 weeks when I went for my first Ultra Sound. My third Ultra Sound (and the most important) is scheduled for June 8.

I had the time of my life in Rochester. Steven began school on May 18th and has been busy. Out of 237 individuals who applied to the Physical Therapy program,only 16 were accepted. I am so proud of my husband. I think he is brilliant!



Steven was busy with school and Dad and I kept busy cleaning, improving and unpacking. We always had a bit of time to go do things--lots of eating out; Lake Ontario; Strong Museum of Play; Erie Canal in Pittsford; a toad in the garden; Addi's first tick; Watkins Glen; and a memorable and momentous trip to the projects of Rochie and on and on and on...






For now I am back in Heber. I came home to finish up with my job (sniff sniff). I am truly sad to be leaving such a wonderful work environment. Not many can say they love their jobs. I can say that I love my job not only because of the people I work with but because of the constant challenge I feel when I am at work. I love all of the people I work with. You know who you all are and I love you guys.

I had a doctor appointment yesterday and have an appointment for my 20 week ultra sound on June 8. I can't believe I am almost half way done with my pregnancy! I was really tired in the first trimester but no sickness at all--being pregnant is a piece of cake. Steven has to miss this big event but my doctor has a few reasons she would like to have this part done before I leave. Boy or girl? We shall soon find out!


This is my expanding waist line. Some say they can't tell yet. I say my waist is bigger than it has EVER been.

Through all of this chaos I still could not forget about Mom. I missed her terribly while I was in New York. I'm afraid this feeling inside me will never leave. It seems to follow me and at times get worse and not better. She would have been in the center of all this chaos and news and helped me keep my head if she were here. May my mom know how much she is loved and missed. I have the perfect example of a mother whom I will try my hardest to be like as I raise our baby.


I miss you Steven!

14 comments:

Knight Bliss said...

Whitney, congrats! You are going to be such a good and super cute mommy! Motherhood changes you in so many ways as you will soon find out. I only wish you nothing but luck and a healthy baby. I am so jealous you are in New York, I would live there if I could. Good luck and I can't wait to see what you are having and then to see the new little whitney baby. So happy for you, and don't worry you momis taking good care of the little one and dreding the time she has to let go of them.

Emily said...

Congrats on the baby...I can't wait to hear what you are having. I hope the adjustment goes well in New York. Can't wait for you to post pictures of the inside of your house. It looks darling. Congrats to Steven. What a big accomplishment!

Veronica said...

Whitney, I have tried to call you several times. I am happy to see the pictures of Rochester and your new adventure. What a beautiful home! I absolutely love it. Also, I hope to one day drive to see you as I am visiting Laurel in Pittsburgh! Who would think you three cousins would all be on the east coast at the same time. Heavenly FAther has such a hand in each stage of our lives. Now to the BABY!!!! I can't wait to hear about the ultrasound on the 8th! I am sure that you really don't care what sex the baby is.......You are going to be an amazing mother, just like dear Susan!!! How I miss her. Everyday I think of her. I know you will struggle with missing her. She is truly a part of your heart and and we know that ETERNITY is in our grasp to be together. I hope Steve is enjoying school. Lots of pressure and work! He will do GREAT! I must speak to you about a dream I had. That is one of the reasons I was trying to reach you. So glad your dad was with you. Could you convince him to try to serve a mission in Palmyra????? I know he is going to be lonely with you gone. He will have to visit OFTEN with his two little grandbabies in the same city. Also, I was wondering if I could meet you in Heber City for lunch on June 9th????? I am going to be there for the day watching my niece compete for Utah High School Rodeo queen. I would love to spend some time with you. Please let me know if that would work for you. I love you dearly. I am so happy for the way so many good things are happening in your life. You deserve every good thing. Love you!

Todd and Megan said...

Whit...I am so excited for you! You will absolutely be a fabulous mom...as you said, you had the perfect example! Your house is so cute! How far from Richie and Julie is it? Tell everyone hello for me!

Mrs. Dirty Hair said...

Oh Whit...You are such an amazing person and that will certainly translate in your baby! I am so stoked for you two and the new house...I have to admit that I am kind of jealous! Keep your blog up to date...and I would love to see you before you leave if possible...but I know you will be so super busy!

Laurel said...

I can't believe how much change has come into your life! Rochester!? BabY?! How exciting! I am so happy for you guys and love the house! I can't wait to hear what you have and will definitely meet you guys half way or come up to rochester for thanksgiving, etc... or come down to pittsburgh for a steelers game, etc... How fun for you guys! You will be a great mom!

Laurel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kirstin said...

Best post EVER! Congrats on everything... Steven in School, your new house, and most importantly the pregnancy!!!! That is so exciting! What do you mean expanding waist line? you are the skinniest pregnant lady I have ever seen, not to mention the cutest! Keep us all updated as soon as you find out what you are having! Both genders are fabulous... just ask me, I know! Also, can I request some more pics of your house. It looks so cute from the outside, but I want more... Oh, I also want to see pics of you throughout the pregnancy... What does Whitney look like with a basketball growing out of her belly?????

Erin said...

WHIT! What an EXCITING post! I can't even contain my excitement right now! First off, I LOVE your big yellow house! It is adorable, you'll have to post pictures of the inside as soon as you get settled. And the baby....the BABY! You will be the best and cutest mommy ever. Being a mom has been the most rewarding thing I have ever done. I know you will love motherhood. I'm going to be in Heber from June 1-12 can we do lunch or dinner? I would LOVE to see you! Let me know!

julanders said...

Whitney,
I am so excited for you! I have to confess I already heard your news, (my mom has a big mouth too!) CONGRATS. There is nothing better than being a mom. There's also nothing harder, but it's the best, most fun challenge you'll ever have. Lucky you that pregnancy was good, I'm jealous. Good luck in New York! Your mom must have sent good luck your way. She would be so proud, don't worry she's still seeing it all and enjoying every minute, probably more than if she were here. I'm sure she's proud and excited!
You just had so much happen at once! A house too! You will love it, it looks adorable. I want pics too just like everyone else! Also I can't wait to see you actually have your waistline expand, right now yours is smaller than mine!!! Good luck with everything!

Kirstin said...

Ok... it's June 8th... what are you having????

Shelley Eggett said...

Oh Whitney - I'm sorry it took me so long to read these posts. What a happy time of life, yet so hard to leave your Daddy. You will be an amazing Mom - I can't wait to see and meet the little guy!!

Shelley Eggett said...

P.S. I love the yellow house. What an adorable home. You need to post pics of the inside too

Kirk and Jill Smith - said...

Congratulations! What an exciting time! Tell Steven congrats on being accepted! And congratulations to you both on becoming parents! What a wonderful adventure and I'm so glad you have this opportunity! You will be a fabulous mom! Good luck in New York and keep blogging! It's fun to see what you're up to!