Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Six Months

Today is one of those days I just have to talk about my mom. Six months ago today I lost her. In some ways six months has flown; in other ways, this six months has gone by in a slow drum of day-in-day-out. It is hard to think that I haven't talked to my mom for six months. I haven't hugged my mom for six months. I haven't spent a single day with my mom for six months. I haven't heard her voice on the other end of the phone line for six months.

I have gone to visit my mom every day for the last six months. There is a beaten path to where she rests. The snow has melted, the grass has turned green and the birds have begun to watch me from their tall perches in the old trees at the cemetery. But visiting my mom now is not the same as when I used to visit her. I can still tell my mom everything on my mind; I am sure she still listens, but now she never answers back.

I miss my mom. I miss my mom more than I can say. To my family, may you feel my love and may you have a special moment today to remember mom. She was wonderful and still is.

7 comments:

Emily said...

What beautiful words Whitney...My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Veronica said...

Whitney, I still don't know what you are going through. I don't think anyone can know who hasn't experienced losing their mom at such a young age. I miss her every day too. I think about her so often. Just Monday, Jocey and I were looking at the old Ben Lomond yearbook at her pictures. She is an amazing and righteous woman. I know you miss her each day. I know how very much she loved you and each of her children and Ruby and your dad. You were the most important things in the world to her. Six months can fly and also crawl. Time is our friend or our enemy, depending on which situation we find ourselves in. I really hope you will be here on Sunday if at all possible. Did you get my email and Laurel's phone message? You are loved and loved and loved! Can we get together sometime soon? Let me know, okay? I love you dear Whitney. Talk to you soon.

Erin said...

Oh Whitney... I am so sorry. I can't even imagine your loss. I know your mom is so proud of you and is watching over you and your family. Sending you lots of love and comfort today and always!

Todd and Megan said...

Oh Whitney...my heart goes out to you. I can only imagine what you are enduring and what a difficult thing it is. Please know that you and your family are always in my thoughts and prayers.

Brimaca said...

Oh Whitney. So frustrating. I know it's not the same at all but my Aunt and I were super close and she died this time last year and I say those things to myself every day. I want to hear her voice. I want to hear her laugh. I want a hug. I want advice. I want, want, want, want. I wish I could have what I want and I wish you could too.

Laurel said...

I am so sorry. I love you and pray for you. I hear Steves great news and I hope to see you Sunday. I know richie, julie, and ruby would love to see you day in day out. keep us posted!

Shelley Eggett said...

Oh my goodness this post made me cry. I feel your pain in my heart and wish I could take it away. I know your Mom is loving your daily visits.